[Banshee-List] Can't see podcasts on my android

I am running banshee 2.6.1 on a laptop running Ubuntu 13.04

When I buy music from Amazon, it takes the form of mp3 files, that I can import into my music library using banshee. When I then sync to my ipod or android phone, it shows up just fine. In particular, when I go to my phone and run the "Music" app that came with it, I see my music and can play it to my heart's content.

However, when I go to a web site that contains mp3 files that happen to consist not of music, but of guys talking, the same process fails. I download the mp3, and import it into my main music library using banshee as always. It shows up there, and I can play it on my laptop by clicking the green "play" arrow with the "song" (actually guys talking) highlighted. So far, so good. However, when I drag the "song" from my main music library to the "32 GB Volume" that is my android phone, banshee puts it not in the "Music" folder like all the other mp3s, but in a "Podcasts" folder. I can see it on the phone from within banshee, and even play it on my laptop from the phone within banshee with the phone hooked up through the USB cable, but I can't see the "song" on the phone itself. The "Music" app does not show it in any of its many menus, and the podcast app (beyondpod) seems to know nothing about it.

What is the real difference to a digital device between an mp3 file that is a song and one that is a "podcast"? As far as I can tell, the word "podcast" only means "audio file I will sadistically refuse to let you hear". Why does banshee treat this mp3 file differently from actual songs that are mp3 files? If the guys in my podcast had been talking slightly more melodically, would banshee have thought of it as music and put it in the right place on my phone and thus let me hear it?

-John Gregg