Re: [Banshee-List] Erroneous Play Count in Banshee

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair debian org> wrote:
On 20/02/2013 02:00, donniezazen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My banshee has thousands of playcount for each song. How can I reset all playcounts?

You can try running the following command to amend the play counts in Banshee's
database. Be sure to backup your ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db first, though,
in case things go wrong.

$ sqlite3 ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db "update coretracks set playcount=0;"

If you have the "Sync play counts between library and files" option enabled in
the Banshee preferences, you might have to find some other means of resetting
the play count in the metadata of the individual media files, though.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin

What other means might be helpful? Is there any software to reset play count? It only happens in Banshee.

Regards,
Sudhir Khanger.