Re: [Banshee-List] banshee player is stuck on fast forward

If you can try what Kevin suggested and (uninstall) reinstalling gstreamer, it may be the cause of the problem. Gstreamer behaves as a go between, if I'm not mistaken the behaviors is as follows Music app -> gstreamer -> pulse audio -> hardware. Gstreamer controls things like the codecs(can I play wma, mp3 and so) and other things more technical users can elaborate further where I am wrong. But is Gstreamer is buggy or something has gone wrong it has the potential to affect every player that depends on it to talk to the other bits.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM, angela <azwife hotmail com> wrote:
It must not be banshee. I have just tried Audacious and it does the same thing. I will try to find other technical support. Everyone I know has windows. Thanks again

Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:58:04 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: banshee player is stuck on fast forward

The behaviour you describe is very strange and at this stage I do not know what to recommend. Do you have any more technical users around that can help? It would be great to get more information that way the users can be able to assist, it is possible that banshee is not the problem and the problem comes from else where especially if it affects other media players but without any solid information there is no way of diagnosing the problem.