Re: [Banshee-List] Native file open dialogs, feedback needed

Am 17.07.2012, 09:12 Uhr, schrieb Timo Dörr <timo latecrew de>

That is indeed a problem which I did not see on my original post. I have currently a patch that is very non-intrusive on current code, but only provides a native chooser for Media->Import Local file/Import local Folder. For other Dialogs (like the ImageFileChooser) the FileChooserDialog from Gtk is used as a fallback. I'm still having problems integrating with the Mono.Addins, but once the patch is ready I'll post to discuss on that when having the code.

I've fixed the issue i talked about and for now the patch now looks like this:

https://github.com/Dynalon/banshee-osx/commit/295a0c80acad5ee6b6eda02a7932c5f16a2a80f5

What bloats the patch is just the fact that the file rename from FileChooserDialog.cs to GtkFileChooserDialog.cs got lost when pushing to github. I've just refactored FileChooserDialog to GtkFileChooserDialog and fixed the constructors and the deriving classes. It's not affecting OS X or Windows usage in any way. On OS X , the Media->Import File/Folder will have the native file chooser, all other dialogs remain on Gtk FileChooser. This is somewhat inconsistent for OS X users, but best i could came up with to not interfere with window/linux that much.

Patch is not meant to be final, but to show what direction I had in mind.

Greetz
Timo