Re: [Banshee-List] Building Banshee on Mac OS X (Lion)

Thanks to Timo and David.
Here are the important messages I received from Timo.
And I think it'd be worth sharing them here (after approval by Timo).

-------------------------

Timo's Instruction:

I assume you mean the instruction I set up here:
https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/TimoDoerr_Banshee_MacOSX ?

Did you install latest Xcode and the Command Line tools (open Xcode ->
Preferences -> Downloads -> Command line Tools). If so, what does the output
of "gcc --version" and "cpp --version" say?

-------------------------

My Update:

    After installing Command Line Tool, I retried ./darwin.py -bv,
    and I got the same complaint. Not sure if it's because I need to relogin
in
    make some env vars to take effect. Will try again and report.

    But a problem in the python script is spotted:
    Xcode4.3 moved /Developer folder inside the /Applicatoin/Xcode.app
folder
    and so the MacOSX SDK folder path changed. The darwin.py code needs to
adapt
    to this fact,
    right now it's hardcoded to use the 10.5 SDK under /Developer.

Timo's Reply:

Are you using the latest bockbuild git  from my github repo
https://github.com/Dynalon/bockbuild or another bockbuild? Latest bockbuild
sets the sdkroot to (bockbuild/darwinprofile.py, line 14):

        sdkroot =
'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/'

and appends the 10.6 or 10.7 sdk pathes afterwards. I can't find any
references to 10.5 in my bockbuild tree.

---------

The "official" build instructions on banshee.fm are more than obsolete and
will not work on current macs. I am working on the banshee-on-mac support as
part of my Google Summer of Code for the Gnome foundation, and wihtin that
period I will maintain build instructions, as well as alpha builds. You
should look here:
https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/TimoDoerr_Banshee_MacOSX
for information. If I successfully pass the GSoC asignment and the builds
reach near-to-stable,  the instructions will hopefully be moved to the
officla banshee.fm homepage.

Btw, you can just get a current alpha build binaries instead of compiling
your own, here:
https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/TimoDoerr_Banshee_MacOSX#Get_latest_pre-build_alpha_.app-Bundle_for_Mac

I keep a blog with my GSoC progress here:
http://exceptionrethrown.wordpress.com/

I've scheduled a new alpha build (#3) which will enable Upnp support and a
preview of USB MassStorage support for next week.

Greetz

Timo