[Banshee-List] video patch database model

Hi,

Long time I have not work on video patch but I want to work on it again and first thing to do before review is to know if the database model is the right one to use.

So this message is moslty for maintainer/advanced developper to get advice and know if my database model is right.
I extend the track info by doing my own video table with [CoreTracks.ExternalID = Videos.VideoID] to link it.
1) Do you think that I must get back some data by using some free field in coreTrack not used in video.
2) Does Using the coreTrack.ExternalId to extend the track with an external record the right way or you prefer that I let it free and just store in Video.videoId the coretrack.TrackID ?
3) to avoid to do an season table and a tv show table I reuse the video table and link episode - season - tv show with parentId. I do that because season/tv show need quite same data than an episode. I use video type to know type (episode, season, tv show, movie) Is it ok or do you prefer that I add a episodeId and seasonId field and make 2 other tables (season and tv show) ?

here is the current tables format:

* Video *

int VideoID
string imdb_id
DateTime release_date
string language
string title
string original_title
string alternative_title
string info_url
string homepage_url
string trailer_url
string summary
string studios
string country
int parentid
string external_video_id
int video_type

* CastingMember *

int CastingMemberID
int VideoID
string Name
string Character
string Job //director, actor, author, special guest...

cheers,
Olivier Dufour