Re: [Banshee-List] Can aax files be imported into Banshee?

On 13/12/12 02:36, helotbc wrote:
I just downloaded an audio book from Audible.com in the form of an aax file.
Banshee doesn't seem to recognize this as a valid media file as it doesn't
identify the file when I attempt to import it.  Does anyone have any
information on this?

We could add "aa" and "aax" extensions to our Banshee supported formats list, so they would be picked up when importing.

But the question is, would you be able to play them? AFAIU not, because it's a proprietary format.

Can you play these files at all in a Linux box? If yes, what player? Is it GStreamer based? Oh, maybe you're not in Linux?