Re: [Banshee-List] Can aax files be imported into Banshee?

Den 16/12/2012 11.32 skrev "helotbc" <helotbc aol com>:

> I just downloaded an audio book from Audible.com in the form of an aax file.
> Banshee doesn't seem to recognize this as a valid media file as it doesn't
> identify the file when I attempt to import it.  Does anyone have any
> information on this?

We have some support for reading tags in Audible files but the content is restricted by DRM for which no software exists so you cannot play back Audio books in Banshee or any software aside that provided by Audible.

You should contact Audible regarding this and hopefully increased pressure from customers will lead to Audible removing the DRM from their content or them working with e.g. Fluendo to provide a cross platform GStreamer plugin to play their content.

Kind regards,
David Nielsen