Re: [Banshee-List] Noobie Questions

On 05/12/12 19:50, merryoakparker wrote:
I'm a noobie here and am getting very tired of the Windows operating system.
I am running Windows XP SP3 and would like to switch completely to Linux
Mint Debian Edition. I've some 10+k files in JRivers Media Jukebox which
will not run on LMDE. These files are categorized by genre, artist, album,
title, etc and organized into "smartlists." 99% are either mp3 or ogg
vorbis.

My Question: Can these files be transferred into Banshee and not lose their
categorized "identity" so they can again be "smartlisted" within Banshee???

If that "identity" is kept in the files themselves using tags (i.e. ID3 tags in the case of the MP3 format), then yes, I believe so.

But the easiest way to find out is to import them and see what happens.

Andres