Re: [Banshee-List] Building Banshee on Mac OS X (Lion)

Am 14.08.2012, 08:25 Uhr, schrieb Benjamín Valero Espinosa <benjavalero gmail com>:

Hi kakyoism, I would be glad to know if there is any chance to see the
future builds of Banshee work in Snow Leopard. If not, perhaps it is the
last little push that I need to upgrade to Lion XD

well, the build should actually complete successfully on Snow Leopard. The alpha bundles[1] I do are also built for Snow Leopard, but here is the catch: Due to a nasty gtk-quartz bug, Banshee will crash upon startup on SL. I've tried to narrow down that bug a little but its quite hard to debug and my C skills are limited, so far I couldn't came up with a testcase to report it. And even if I can manage to do that, chances are slim it gets fixed, gtk-quarz backend isn't that good maintened as its linux counterpart.

[1]: https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/TimoDoerr_Banshee_MacOSX#Get_latest_pre-build_alpha_.app-Bundle_for_Mac

Greetz
Timo