[Banshee-List] How to Default Subtitles to Off?

I'm a new user of Linux and am trying to get it working as a media center. I
see Banshee v2 is the default media player for the Linux Mint version that I
have installed (the current release). Every time I play a video, an m4v
video with no embedded subtitles, which was created with Handbrake, I see
the chapter displayed permanently as the subtitle. If I go to the Playback
menu under Subtitle, I can choose None instead of the default of Subtitle 0.
However, I don't want to have to do this for every movie I play. How can I
just have Banshee default to not showing any subtitles?

Thanks,
Chris