Re: [Banshee-List] Start banshee playing a smart playlist and fullscreen video

On 09/08/2011 11:26 PM, Pablo Montepagano wrote:
Hi all:

I was wondering if it's possible to start banshee from the command line
and make it play a smart playlist I have saved.
Also I would like it to start playing right away SHOWING the video and
in fullscreen.

For example, if I run

    banshee --fullscreen /path/to/video.file

I get banshee in fullscreen, but showing the music library view (which
is empty in my case). And it doesn't play the file, it only adds it to
the file system queue.

So:

a) Is there a way to send a command (via console or via D-BUS) to make
banshee go to the "now playing" view (which in case of a video, shows
the actual video).

b) Is there a way to send a command (via console or via D-BUS) to make
banshee play an already saved smart playlist?

I've been inspecting the dbus with qdbus and can't seem to find what I'm
looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Can you file an enhancement request for each of the elements above? They seem valuable features.

http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/

Thanks