Re: [Banshee-List] Schedule proposal for Banshee 2.4

2011/10/26 Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> After a nice 2.2 release, it is now time to think about Banshee 2.4,
> in particular about the schedule for this cycle. So you'll fine below
> my proposal for our time-based release schedule. As usual, it is quite
> close to the GNOME schedule, but with the stable release one week
> earlier than GNOME, and less intermediate releases.
>
> Note that this is only about development releases, the 2.2.x bug-fixes
> releases will be made as the need arises. For example, I'm planning to
> put out a 2.2.1 release in a few days, as we have some good fixes in
> there, particularly concerning the Amazon store.
>
> Schedule proposal :
>
> 2011-11-02 : 2.3.1 release
> 2011-11-30 : 2.3.2 release
> 2011-12-21 : 2.3.3 release
> 2012-01-18 : 2.3.4 release
> 2012-02-15 : 2.3.5 release - Feature freeze, string freeze
> 2012-03-07 : 2.3.6 release
> 2012-03-19 : 2.4.0 tarball available
> 2012-03-21 : 2.4.0 announcement

With exception of the 2.3.3 release which is quite close to Christmas
when I am travelling it looks good and I promise to provide OS X
builds for each one.

I also mailed Aaron today regarding the outstanding merge requests for
bockbuild so we might be able to go back to using the standard build
script.

- David