Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee crashes after updating compiled version

Yes, that seems to be the problem, my mono-addins version is 0.4-8 . Excuse me if it is a stupid question, but how do I update? I am on natty narwhal, and I cannot seem to find the mono-addins ppa.

Thanks,
Michael

On 02-10-2011 23:20, Andres G. Aragoneses [via Banshee Media Player] wrote:
El 02/10/11 12:11, Michael Krabbe Borregaard escribió:

> Sorry for bumping this - I am a new poster, and the original had such
> garbled formatting as to be unreadable. Here is a new version with line
> breaks:
>
> I am new to Ubuntu, and thus unsure about whether this is the correct
> forum. I have moved this post from the general Ubuntu forum:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1852901 . I hope this is
> according to etiquette.
>
> I was eager to try out Banshee 2.2, but could not find it in the Banshee
> ppa. So I downloaded the source from the Banshee website, and installed
> it on my machine using ./configure; make; sudo checkinstall. I had to
> run each command several times to get all the necessary dependencies
> (dev-libs) installed. I also try to compile and install the banshee-2.2
> community extensions, but the install failed, so I gave up.
>
> I subscribe to the banshee ppa, and when running sudo apt-get
> dist-upgrade it automatically downloaded and installed banshee 2.2.1.
> There were several error messages during the install (sorry, I do not
> know where to find the install log - will post if you can direct me to
> where it is). Now, banshee crashes upon launch, with the following message:
>
> [code]
>
> michael@ubuntu:~$ banshee
> [Info 13:08:03.772] Running Banshee 2.2.0: [Ubuntu 11.04 (linux-gnu,
> i686) @ 2011-09-27 10:02:56 UTC]
> Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown
> by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException:
> Could not read add-in description

What version of mono-addins do you have? If you have an older version
than 0.6.2, please upgrade to this version.