Re: [Banshee-List] The dumbest error in Banshee

I understand your feeling. I felt it myself. But lately I've come to realise that when this happens, we're just being a victim of our own "technology-versionitis". Like Martin C. says in his first sentence (the only one that may be worth it), past releases of OS and tools are normally very mature and stable. And it's actually thanks to users like you and me, which like to test the new stuff and report the problems, that these things end up being fixed.

So, yes, it's a kind of a paradox but to really benefit from open source, you have to stick with the old, or rather, the not-so-new. Which means that you cannot really contribute that much to the community (because by using the old, bug reports are not that useful) if you do this...

So what I do is take a hybrid approach: use not-so-new systems for my daily usage, and for my family members (and friends who trust what I install to them) and only play with shiny toys in a separate "sandboxed" environment.

Cheers!