Re: [Banshee-List] Adding AAC encoding, possible ?

Thanks David.

Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Adding AAC encoding, possible ?

2011/5/11 softromu <softromu hotmail com>
Hi all,
I just wonder why AAC encoding is not proposed by Banshee? Is there a way to get it? As it seems FAAC is available on Linux, I don’t think this is a legal issue, but I may be wrong.

Naturally there are patent issues preventing distribution from distros, but Banshee itself currently doesn't carry an AAC profile. It is fairly easy to reenable it but we have a long standing taglib-sharp issue preventing it.

See:

- David