Re: [Banshee-List] Syncing with a Samsung SCH-R360

On 05/14/2011 04:11 AM, Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Bill Hammond <ka1ssr gmail com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am running Banshee 2.0.0 under Ubuntu 11.04 and am having trouble
>> syncing with my Samsung SCH-R360 aka Freeform II.  The Samsung stores
>> its music in the 'My Music' folder on the device.  However, Banshee puts
>> it in the 'Music" folder.  Is there a way to tell Banshee about the 'My
>> Music' folder?  I tried looking in the Preferences dialog but got a
>> little confused.
>
> I'm guessing your device acts as a mass storage device ?
> Banshee uses the information provided by the media-player-info .mpi
> files, in order to know about the specific of each mass storage
> device. To provide that info, please follow the steps described on
> that blog post.
> http://ernstfamily.ch/jonathan/2010/10/help-me-make-your-music-player-or-phone-recognized-as-such-under-linux/
>
> As a stopgap measure until you get the proper info through an update
> to media-player-info, you can create a text file named
> ".is_audio_player" in the top-level folder of your device and put the
> info in there. The syntax is described in this page :
> http://live.gnome.org/Banshee/CommonQuestions/IsAudioPlayerFile

Hello, Bertrand!  Thanks for the pointers.  I made an .is_audio_player
file and met with 99% success.  Banshee knows where to look for audio
files now and I can sync.  I still can't display cover art from the
Samsung on Banshee (and I know there's art in the files), but I'm
probably specifying the wrong values in the config file.  Just a little
problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.  I'd be happy to post the contents of my
config file once the tweaking is done if you like.

Regards,

Bill