Re: [Banshee-List] Scoring question

@ Brian Lucas-3

I wonder why there is a SkipCount value in database that never is used in
calculation. The skip-event is not triggered after half of the song has been
played.

I wonder why there is a PlayCount value in database that doesn't contain the
count of plays. If I want to know the total count of plays I have to add
PlayCount + SkipCount.

The idea to use percentage of played songs as Score value is not bad, but
the actual Score value only reflects the "mean played length" of a song in
percent. It doesn't take into account how often a song has been played.
Therefore PlayCount and SkipCount should contain total count of plays and
total count of skips in order to get an easy and clearly system to select
preferred songs. In TrackInfo.cs the function OnPlaybackFinished() requires
a modification.

It is also possible to migrate the database without breaking anything.

PlayCount = PlayCount + SkipCount
SkipCount = Playcount * (1 - Score/100)

>From now on the values of PlayCount and SkipCount contain their total counts
in database.

BTW: Miscalculation of Score value results from bugs in event handling. That
must be fixed.