Re: [Banshee-List] Scoring question

After reading the souce code from TrackInfo.cs, I see that there is a
misunderstanding in the use of PlayCount and SkipCount. PlayCount is not the
total count of plays, it is the count of non-skipped plays. The total count
of plays is PlayCount+SkipCount.

In calculating Score the old value and an additional variable
"percentCompleted" is taken into account.

Score(n+1) := f(Score(n), PlayCount, SkipCount, percentCompleted)

This makes things much more complicated. Score can't be re-calculated from
PlayCount and SkipCount.

So I don't know if it is a good idea to use percentCompleted in calculating

Sent from the Banshee Media Player mailing list archive at