Re: [Banshee-List] unable to send usage data

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Frank <funtastix googlemail com> wrote:
> Is there any access to the data? I'd love to see some statistics like
> the ones Gabriel put out ages ago. AFAIK there is no data about which
> extensions are used by the users, right?

We currently don't offer access to the raw data, mostly for privacy
reasons I guess. The size itself might also be an issue : my previous
figure was wrong : we now have more than 70 million datapoints...

I don't think we specifically collect data about extension usage.
Collecting at least which ones are enabled should be feasible.
But we collect data about all sources, so we have some data if the
extension creates a source, like LiveRadio ;)

Since Gabriel did his first analysis, the storage system for the data
has changed, so the tool he wrote doesn't work anymore.
I spent some time working on the data a month ago, writing carefully
handcrafted SQL queries, then got distracted :)

A few tidbits from what I got at the time :
During January 2011, we had more 6700 unique users who submitted usage
data, 83% of those were using version 1.8.0. And someone had more than
130000 tracks in his music library. ;)

I hope I'll be able to get back to digging through the data after the
2.0 release, and maybe extract some interesting information.

--
Bertrand