Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling gstreamer-sharp under windows.

On 3/18/2011 5:07 PM, Scott Moak wrote:
I'm trying to get gstreamer-sharp compiled under windows using cygwin.
How does the banshee team do it? Or do you use the ossbuild releases?

We have been working on finding a good solution for this for quite a while now. If you use the `windows-binaries`_ git repository, the libraries there were built by Gabriel using his `openSUSE Build Service project`_. This build has a couple of issues though, most notably the GStreamer DirectShow wrappers are not included, so MP3 playback does not work.

I personally have been using the `OSSBuild`_ project to build GStreamer. It is really easy to get it to build, at least in VisualStudio 2008 (It did not work for me in VS 2010). Just copy all the libgst* libraries to ``banshee/bin/bin`` and the plugins to ``banshee/bin/lib/gstreamer-0.10``. There are also some shared libraries that you'll need to copy from ``ossbuild/Shared/Build/Windows/Win32/bin`` to ``banshee/bin/bin``.

.. _windows-binaries: http://gitorious.org/banshee/windows-binaries
.. _openSUSE Build Service project: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Agabrielburt%3Amingw32
.. _OSSBuild: http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/

Good Luck!

--
Dustin C. Hatch
http://dustin.hatch.name/

"In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people
angry and has been widely regarded as a 'bad move'."
--Douglas Adams