[Banshee-List] Banshee 1.9.5 on OS X fails on startup: fatal error

Hello,

I am trying to run Banshee 1.9.5 on OS X Snow Leopard (latest updates)
but upon startup, I get a window which reads the title "fatal error".
The Banshee and error -windows freezes so I have to force quit on
Banshee afterwards.

I have simply downloaded the package from the website and installed
it. I understand that Mono is bundled with the installer, so I doubt
it is because it is missing.

Any ideas? Others that have experienced anything similar? I have asked
on the IRC channel but it seemed no Banshee-OSX developers were
online, so that did not help.

Thank you in advance,
Chris Buchholz