Re: [Banshee-List] Error building banshee master

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte gmail com> wrote:
> On 06/30/2011 02:13 PM, Benjamín Valero Espinosa wrote:
>>
>> 2011/6/29 Sebastian Krämer
>>
>>    Anyway, now I'm stuck with an unfulfilled dependency;
>>    dbus-sharp-glib-1.0 >= 0.5 is not available in Fedora yet and the
>>    version of dbus-sharp is too old to build dbus-sharp-glib-0.5 :(  I
>> read
>>    something on the bugtracker that packages are underway, we'll see. I'll
>>    tackle this another time. For the moment, I'm not sure how much work it
>>    is to compile and use these without installing them system-wide (I
>> don't
>>    want to interfere with the system installation).
>>

>> I am in the same situation. If you find how to solve it, I hope you'll
>> share it.
>>

> You guys have to install https://github.com/mono/dbus-sharp-glib and
> https://github.com/mono/dbus-sharp.
>
> We eventually need to update this page:
>
> http://banshee.fm/download/development/

I've just updated the page to add a reference to dbus-sharp and
dbus-sharp-glib in the "Other libraries" section.

The "install dependencies" step should get you what you need to build
against dbus-sharp and dbus-sharp-glib. But I guess most distros
haven't packaged Banshee 2.1.0, so you're still getting the build
dependencies for Banshee 2.0.x.

Let me know if you have any further improvement for that page.

--
Bertrand Lorentz