Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee ipod playback

On 09/06/2011 18:12, tjoen wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:11 +0800, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
>> libgpod is an "unstable" library (i.e. not providing an API/ABI guarantee), and
>> is hence not installed into GAC. Applications and libraries which use it must
>> copy the libgpod-sharp.dll and corresponding .config and .mdb files into their
>> own directory.
>
> OK, I understand
>
>> libgpod-sharp.dll should then bring in the dependency on
>> libgpod.so.4.See the
>> output of `monodis --moduleref libgpod-sharp.dll' and the dllmap
>> entry found in
>> libgpod-sharp.dll.config for implementation details.
>
> $ monodis --moduleref libgpod-sharp.dll
> Error while trying to process libgpod-sharp.dll
> $ monodis --moduleref /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll
> ModuleRef Table (1..1)
> 1: gpod
>
>> For example, Banshee on Ubuntu has /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll
>
> Same on vanilla Banshee
>
> $ ls -l /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll \
>     /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43008 Jun  6 \
>  20:53 /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43008 Nov 16 \
>  2010 /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll
>
> They are the same!
>
>> and /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll.config in its package, which
>> is how it should be for unstable libraries.
>
> It contains only
> <configuration>
>   <dllmap dll="gpod" target="libgpod.so.4"/>
> </configuration>
>
> I remember that removing libgpod.so.4 leads to an error/warning

`monodis --moduleref libgpod-sharp.dll' shows the modulerefs (native libraries
imported) present in the .dll file. In libgpod-sharp.dll, it's "gpod".

The dllmap then maps these modulerefs onto proper library names: gpod ->
libgpod.so.4.

On Ubuntu, the libgpod-cil and banshee binary packages have a dependency on
libgpod4, which is generated from resolving the moduleref to a native library
found in libgpod4 during build time.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin