Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee ipod playback

On 09/06/2011 17:00, tjoen wrote:
> Ah, now I undestand the inner working. My system hasn't discovered that
> dependency, maybe because I have only
> /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp-test.exe
> /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp-test.exe.mdb
> /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll
> /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll.config
> /usr/lib/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll.mdb
>
> and am missing the /usr/lib/mono/gac/libgpod/*

No, that's not right.

libgpod is an "unstable" library (i.e. not providing an API/ABI guarantee), and
is hence not installed into GAC. Applications and libraries which use it must
copy the libgpod-sharp.dll and corresponding .config and .mdb files into their
own directory.

For example, Banshee on Ubuntu has /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll
and /usr/lib/banshee/Extensions/libgpod-sharp.dll.config in its package, which
is how it should be for unstable libraries.

libgpod-sharp.dll should then bring in the dependency on libgpod.so.4. See the
output of `monodis --moduleref libgpod-sharp.dll' and the dllmap entry found in
libgpod-sharp.dll.config for implementation details.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin