Re: [Banshee-List] banshee-community-extensions - visualization extension

On 16/07/2011 00:58, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got an email from a user asking why we (openSUSE) didn't had the
> visualization extension from banshee-community-extensions available.
> I've taken a quick look at our package and found out that we don't
> have only two extensions enabled by default, lirc and clutterflow. I
> assume that this user is looking for the clutterflow extension.

ClutterFlow is an extension implementing the coverflow animation originally
found in iTunes. It's basically a fancy album browser.

> This extension requires clutter-sharp which has been dropped in
> openSUSE. I don't mind bring it back and maintain it, but since my
> expertise on Mono is pretty much non-existent I took the liberty of
> asking on this list. Is clutter-sharp activelly maintained?

Unfortunately not. In Debian and Ubuntu we have a git snapshot of clutter-sharp
from several years back (no new commits since then I think).

> Another thing, this clutterflow plugin is a visualization plugin?

Nope. The visualization plugin is the OpenVP extension which you can enable
using --enable-openvp.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin