[Banshee-List] jolicloud, banshee, and my ipod

I have an Ipod Nano, 1st generation that was originally synced with Itunes on
my old Windows machine.  I switched over to Jolicloud, and started using
Banshee.  Banshee asked if it could work its file restructuring magic, which
I said yes to.  It recognizes that my Ipod exists, but only displays the
actual files that are on the Ipod sometimes.  When it doesn't display the
files, it shows the quantity of data stored on the Ipod, but doesn't let me
add or modify the invisible files...how can I get Banshee to recognize the
files all the time?  It used to recognize the files occasionally, but hasn't
in a few months. Help?