Re: [Banshee-List] need help to install banshee 1.8

2011/1/27 Ricardo Monge <remonge cox net>
Oh I see i'm trying to install banshee on Fedora12, and while i try to
download banshee from the pre-built it only downloads the old version,
therefore I'm trying to download it from banshee website Version 1.8.
But I've tried doing everything that the website says to do but I can't
get it to even install.

Fedora 12 is obsoleted, you really should update to a newer release. If you are unable to download one I would be happy to mail you a couple of cds.

typically Fedora releases can be upgraded safely using preupgrade or from a livecd of a newer release. However that is a distribution support question and should be taken to the Fedora people (www.fedoraproject.org).

On a modern Fedora you should be able to install a recent version of Banshee simply by doing:
yum install banshee
or using their graphical application installer.

- David