Re: [Banshee-List] need help to install banshee 1.8

I Linux distro (or distribution) is a collection of software that makes up the operating system, built on top of the Linux kernel.  Some of the popular ones include Ubuntu, openSUSE, Fedora, Debian, Arch, and the list goes on and on.  It looks like you're trying to compile Banshee manually from source -- which is fine, if that's what you want to do -- but if you're using one of the more popular Linux distributions, there's a good chance that a pre-built Banshee package exists already.  Installing that package would probably be a lot easier than compiling from source.  This might be helpful: http://banshee.fm/download/

Michael

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Ricardo Monge <remonge cox net> wrote:
What is distro? New user for Linux not very familiar...