Re: [Banshee-List] New Experience

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM, gnomeuser gmail com
<gnomeuser gmail com> wrote:

> 2011/1/21 Jesse Snider <jrsnider87 gmail com>
>>
>> Hello,
>> My group and I are apart of a software engineering class that is learning
>> about joining and contributing to the open source community. We decided to
>> join this community and project because we all love music and we loved the
>> features of this software. However, we are all new to contributing to an
>> open source project and are currently seeking guidance and assistance from
>> anybody who is willing to offer it. We would like to know if there are any
>> projects or bugs for the Banshee project that would be a good starting place
>> for a group like ours. We are all excited about joining this community and
>> can not wait to dive into this project!
>
> Hi Jesse,
> That sounds great. If you want to get involved I would recommend joining our
> IRC channel on irc.gimp.net (#banshee). It is a great place to ask questions
> if you have patience to wait a bit.
> Aside that for ideas for projects, I guess that would depend on your skill
> levels and interest but I do keep a list of requested features and assorted
> bugs here:
> http://live.gnome.org/Banshee/CommonQuestions
> which might provide some inspiration, aside that you can browse our current
> bugs to feature requests and/or bugs you find interesting.
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=banshee
> It all really depends on what you want to work on but welcome and we all
> look forward to seeing patches from you all.
> - David

In addition to everything already mentioned, you'll probably be
interested in watching the talk Gabriel gave last year at GUADEC (the
annual GNOME conference) last : "Inside the Banshee Awesome Factory"
http://ubuntudevelopers.blip.tv/file/4363767/

You might also be interested by a recent message of mine, about an
idea for a new extension :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2011-January/msg00189.html

Happy hacking !

--