Re: [Banshee-List] Fail to control playback from terminal

2011/1/10 rvernucio <rvernucio yahoo com br>

Hi guys, I'm using 1.6.1 under Debian Squeeze. I'm trying to control
Banshee's playback from terminal, like:

Obviously that is a bug but 1.6.1 is rather old, can you please try with 1.8.0 or one of our fine new 1.9.x builds?

$ banshee --stop
$ banshee --play
$ banshee --next
$ banshee --previous

But instead of stop the music or whatever, a new banshee window is started.
It's is strange, other terminal commands don't open a new window and do what
they are meant to do, like:

$ banshee --help-playbak
$ banshee --version

These commands work correctly, but playback commands are opening a new
windows. Does someone know what's going on?