Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Triage

Hello Brandon,
it's good to have you here, contributing.
Answers in the text below.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 01:15, Brandon Sheppard <bjsheppa gmail com> wrote:

> Since I am new to the
> project and do not know the project's triage guidelines, I just want to run
> my thoughts by the project leads before acting upon any of these bug
> reports.
It's common to discuss each bug in the comment section of the bugs,
therefore you have to register at bugzilla. Then you can comment below
a bug with you're way of solving, if you find it's necessary and
useful or you're opinion. If you find it's a useful bug, just post a
patch below with the small change done, like removing the Transfering.
You also find the bug description if the bug is confirmed or not, if
it is unconfirmed it means that the project maintainers didn't accept
it yet, but it doesn't mean that they don't needed it fixed. So when
you provide a patch, they will look at it and accept it if it fits
into their plans.

> The user would like better descriptive text when logging into a Last.fm
> account. I was going to post on his bug report to inform him of the dialog
> box that pops up when you mouse over the login button displays almost the
> exact information he is requesting and then close if appropriate. Unless you
> feel this is a needed change then I would be happy to look into this.
Makes absolute sense, try to change the text and propose a git patch
file, then the discussion will start and perhaps it's just taken, but
it would also make sense to give focus to the webbrowser, if he is
already opened.

> The user would like a better description in the dialog box that is displayed
> as you mouse over the 'Simplify' button in the Now Playing pane. Not sure
> this change is necessary, but the dialog could be a bit more descriptive.
> Again if you like, I would be happy to make this change If not, I could
> follow-up with the user and close if necessary.
Not every  bug reports makes sense, I wouldn't change it, althoug one
could make the description shorter. But just comment on the bug
report, if the discussion is more important it will move back to the
mailing list normally.

> The user would like the text 'Transferring' removed from the podcast
> download progress that appears in the sidebar. This is an easy fix although
> I am not sure whether it is necessary either. I do experience the same issue
> as this user. Maybe replacing 'Transferring' with a shorter word (although
> nothing comes to mind) or stacking it on top of the 'x of y files at...'
> text would be a feasible solution. Removing it, as the user suggested, is an
> option as well. Again, I can make the change or follow-up and close if you
> like.
Small change, propose a patch with the Word removed.