Re: [Banshee-List] Problem transfering files to Ipod

Hi,

Banshee uses the 'libgpod' library for handling interactions with Apple devices. According to their documentation they do not currently support the ipod nano touch (6g) so I assume this is why it isn't working for you. I found the following on this page (http://gtkpod.org/wiki/Libgpod):

"Latest stable release is version 0.8.0. This release has support for all iPod models except the iPod Nano 6g (the touch one). Most non-jailbroken iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPhone) are also supported with the notable exception of the iPad and the iPhone/iPod Touch 4 which are only supported as read-only devices."

I am assuming that the version of the ipod nano touch you both are using is the 6g since that is that latest nano touch available and you both mentioned having new devices. I think at this point the libgpod library itself would need to be updated to support this device in order for it to work.

As an aside, 'gtkpod' also uses this library since libgpod is an offshoot of gtkpod, hence the lack of support on both Banshee and gtkpod.

-Phil