Re: [Banshee-List] A Playlist Idea...

well, I'm afraid I don't get your point.
As far as I understand you, what you describe already exist and is
called the "Play Queue" (second item in the list on the left side of
the windows, just bellow "Now Playing")
 - the play queue displays the list of songs that are currently
playing (as long as you played these song by adding them to the queue,
which is what you should do most of the time anyway)
 - if you quit and restart banshee, the play queue is exactly the same
and allows you to continue where you stopped
 - the play queue is not modified when you browse your collection

I think banshee behaves quite like amarok on this (might be wrong, I
haven't used amarok recently) and you are probably getting confused by
the fact the double clicking on an album plays it without adding it to
the playlist (which is admittedly confusing, especially for new
users). Try using the play queue, I'm sure you will love it ;)

Pierre