Re: [Banshee-List] A Playlist Idea...

hi

I think that what you are referring as "the playlist" is actually _not_ the playlist.
I'll try to explain how I see things (please correct me if I'm wrong !)

Banshee has three concepts  :
-   playlists, which can be of two kinds : smart or manual. You can have as many playlists as you like. A playlist is actually not exactly a like list but more like a subset of your entire music collection
   - manual playlist : in these playlists you add manually (on a album or track : drag and drop or right click "add to play list ) tracks
   - smart playlist : with this kind of playlist, you define a set of criterias, which will be used to select the tracks that are in the playlist.

-   a play queue  : this is what you should use to control what  you are actually listening to. It displays the 10 last played songs and 10 upcoming song (configurable).You can manually enqueue  tracks and albums in it or you can tell the queue to fill itself automatically, from your collection or one of your playlist (smart or manual), based on several selection criteria : by rating, by artist, by album, etc.

-   a tracks list, which is actually part of the music browser and simply displays the list of tracks corresponding to your current search or selection. I think this is the list you are referring to, and that's why it changes every time you click on an album. But it's definitely _not_ the playlist.

For your other question :
-   To see what you have been playing a yesterday, you can display the "last played" column and sort on this or even make a smart playlist that automatically contains all tracks that match the criteria " -Last Played- less that 1 day ago".

hope it helps

Pierre