[Banshee-List] Mixxx as a Banshee client

Hi,

I am a contributor of Mixxx, a free digital DJ'ing software.

We have the request, to use the Banshee library for mixing.
Refer: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/678173

What is the best approach to achieve this?

- Working directly with the Banshee database
- let Mixxx be a banshee client
- control Banshee Library via DBus
- Sync Mixxx with Banshee database
- something complete different

- Is there a documentation of the Banshee database schema available?
- Is it possible to write a Banshee client in native C++?
- What's the best entry point for me? Which files should I study first?
- Is someone willing to assist?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Daniel