Re: [Banshee-List] Difficulty getting Banshee to work with UDev

Hi,

The custom support for Android phones only uses the vendor id and
product id to detect whether the phone. The vendor and product names
are only used for display.
Did you recompile Banshee after modifying the
Banshee.Dap.MassStorage.addin.xml file, and are you sure you were then
running that version ?

By the way, the proper way to get your phone recognized as a music
player on Linux is to submit your info to the media-player-info
project, as described in this post :
http://ernstfamily.ch/jonathan/2010/10/help-me-make-your-music-player-or-phone-recognized-as-such-under-linux/

This will allow other applications to benefit from it.

--
Bertrand Lorentz