Re: [Banshee-List] No video play (usual solutions not working)

Banshee will not play video on the old Intel onboard video chipsets.
The problem is because this video chipset does not support a video mode
(I can't remember what it is....) that Banshee uses to display video.

Here is an earlier post I made regarding the problem:

one machine I am running refuses to play video through banshee.
(It's an old 2.4gz Celron with 64mb onboard graphics).
When I play a video in banshee, I see the video for about 2 seconds then the play
area just goes black. The video does play (You can hear it).

Video plays through mplayer, xine and totem on this machine with no problems.
This is with a fresh (this morning) Ubuntu 10.04 install.

And other machines play video with no problems through Banshee.

lspci shows: (On troublesome pc)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x/M650/740 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter