[Banshee-List] No video play (usual solutions not working)

I updated my Banshee from 1.6.1 to 2.0.0 just now and the video problem still
exists. The solutions usually are:

1. gstreamer codecs - which is installed
2. gstreamer property - I've changed my default output plugin to x window
system (no xv)
3. appearance > visual effects - changed from "normal" to "none"
4. played an audio file first before a video but still to no avail

These are some of the solutions I've found on the Internet which worked for
some but not me. I'm pretty much running out of ideas how to deal with this.
In the 1.6.1 version when I click on a video file, it shows an X sign beside
the name of the video. Now that I've upgraded, it usually just show a black
screen with the Banshee logo while the loading sign (found at the bottom
left part) activating.

I'm hoping someone could help me further here. Thanks.