[Banshee-List] Banshee behaviour with compilation albums

Hi,

I've been searching for a while about how to handle multi-artist releases
(compilation albums) using Banshee but I'm still very much confused.

1) How to mark an album as a compilation :

As far as I've understood how to do it, I must follow these steps for each
track of a compilation :
- right click on a track > "Edit Track Information"
- check "Compilation Album Artist" and write in the box below "Various
Artists"

Moreover, if I want the changed to be applied to all the files so that I'll
not have to do it in the future with banshee or any other software, I should
go to the menu :
- Edit > Preferences
- Tab "General"
- check "Write metadata to files"

As I wanted to do it faster and understand what tags were edited, I used a
tag editor to see what changed :
* with Banshee 1.8.1 :
- "compilation = 1"
- "albumartist = Various Artists"
* with Banshee 2.0.0 :
- "compilation = 1"
- "performer=Various Artists"
* With some other software, the tag that is changed is "album artist" (maybe
I'm wrong, I've read many pages, never saying the same thing).

So, I'm confused ! Could you explain to me why you decided to change the
"performer" tag ?
Maybe this page of the user guide
(http://banshee.fm/support/guide/track-list/) should be updated, because
Banshee doesn't seem to use anymore album artist metadata ?

2) How to group multi-artist releases under a "Various Artists" entry :

After applying the modification below, I don't have anymore multiple entries
in the album view for a single compilation album : good !

Anyway, I expected also that the artists of these compilations (assuming I
don't have any album of them) would be hidden in the artist browser. Amarok
1.4 for example (I don't know for recent versions) used to group the
compilations under a "Various Artists" entry in the artist browser.

Can Banshee adopt this behaviour ? Because for people like me who own many
compilations, the artist browser becomes useless (too many entries).

I imagine you must be bored of answering always the same questions about
multi-artist album support. But I've seen so much information, never saying
exactly the same thing (for banshee and other music players) that it's
really hard to understand it clearly.

Thank you very much for your help,

Rémi.