Re: [Banshee-List] Feature idea: control banshee from the lock screen

Banshee recognizes special keys like "XF86AudioPlay", "XF86AudioForward", ...
but ist isn't possible to control the player via keyboard while screen is
locked for security reasons. Banshee can't intercept these restriction and
it is not a good idea to change this behavior.

You can use instead a remote shell from your laptop or a wireless control
programs like  http://anyremote.sourceforge.net/ anyRemote  or
http://code.google.com/p/remuco/ remuco .

(BTW: anyRemote works fine for me. I use a Bluetooth handy and a simple Perl
wrapper script to get full access to Banshee's DBus.)