[Banshee-List] Idea for improving Banshee

I thought of a good idea of how to make the banshee interface a little
prettier and easier to navigate; its just an idea to modify the artist
selector to show albums to represent an artist instead of just text. I find
I respond to pictures faster and it makes it look really nice. Anyway here's
my mock-up:
http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n3424654/Screenshot.png

Any input? I would love to see it implemented if anyone is interested. I was
curious about doing it myself, but I'm not sure how I would. Could I make
this with a plug-in or if I would have to patch the source code of banshee?