Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Thinks My External Drives are Audio Players

qubitual wrote:

> This is a bummer -- finally found the perfect Ubuntu audio player that
> actually links to my iPod and Android phone in a sensible, crash-free way.
> Then, a couple of days ago, I plugged in the iPod -- Banshee opened -- and
> suddenly the processor was pinned at 100%, system basically frozen, hard
> drives clicking away like mad. Restarted the computer, seemed okay. Today,
> plugged the iPod in again, same scenario. This time, I saw that Banshee
> was listing my two rather large Seagate USB hard drives as audio players
> -- and of course taking forever to scan them. Now Banshee doesn't work,
> and has to be force-closed. Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated.
> I can't use this app again without solving this! Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem. Each time I start banshee it starts scanning my
external hard drive and it takes a lot. It doesn't save the results and
starts scanning from the beginning each time.
Trying Disable Device while it's scanning only makes things worse since the
UI just freezes.