[Banshee-List] Banshee Thinks My External Drives are Audio Players

This is a bummer -- finally found the perfect Ubuntu audio player that
actually links to my iPod and Android phone in a sensible, crash-free way.
Then, a couple of days ago, I plugged in the iPod -- Banshee opened -- and
suddenly the processor was pinned at 100%, system basically frozen, hard
drives clicking away like mad. Restarted the computer, seemed okay. Today,
plugged the iPod in again, same scenario. This time, I saw that Banshee was
listing my two rather large Seagate USB hard drives as audio players -- and
of course taking forever to scan them. Now Banshee doesn't work, and has to
be force-closed. Any ideas/solutions would be much appreciated. I can't use
this app again without solving this! Thanks in advance.