Re: [Banshee-List] Playing videos in banshee 1.7.4

> Hi, gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg was installed and does not help. Totem does not
> play the xvid videos or x264/H264 ones either. The only reason I never
> figured this out is that I have never actually used Totem.

Ok, if they don't work in Totem, that's means it's definitely a
gstreamer codec issue.

> To be precise, I have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
> and gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse installed. The former is version
> 0.10.18-1ubuntu1 and the latter is version 0.10.18-0ubuntu1
> I also have both variants of the ugly version installed.

But, you seem to have the correct codec packages installed... I'm not
too sure what else is left to try.

Are there any gstreamer experts around that would know how to trouble
shoot this problem?