[Banshee-List] Iphone 3gs banshee 1.8 problems

Hey guys!

I am running linux mint 10.10 and Banshee 1.8 and I have a couple of
different problems with banshee and my Iphone

1 - All my music files which I added to my iphone with itunes show up as
video files in banshee.

2 - Syncing anything to banshee seems a bit erratic. When I sync a podcast,
it shows up as music but not as a podcast. Also when syncing, Banshee will
finish syncing but the iphone hangs on the "sync in progress" screen. I have
managed to sync my iphone smoothly with Rhythmbox but no joy with banshee
yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.