[Banshee-List] Banshee 1.8.0 does not create directory structure on Sansa Fuze

System specs:
Shuttle SG41G1 Plus
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6500 @ 2.93GHz
MemTotal: 4025076 kB
Ubuntu 10.04 (2.6.32-25-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 20:05:27 UTC 2010
x86_64 GNU/Linux)

My music player is a Sansa Fuze with 4 GB internal and a 16 GB micro SD card
and firmware 2.03.33.

A couple of days ago I installed Banshee 1.8.0 and wiped clean my Fuze to
re-sync my playlist. Everything copied across okay but all of a sudden
performance was horribly slow. After selecting a song to play there is a 5+
second pause before playing the song. To investigate, I popped the micro SD
card out, put it into a USB reader, and mounted it on the computer. Here is
the problem:

The SD card is mounted as /EXTERNAL and I have this structure:

/EXTERNAL/MUSIC/Song1.mp3
/EXTERNAL/MUSIC/Song2000.mp3

The directory structure was not replicated when syncing to this device. I
have 2000+ songs at the root of MUSIC on the SD card.

When reverting to 1.6.1 which shipped with Lucid and re-syncing I ended up
with a normal directory structure and a lag-free device.

/EXTERNAL/MUSIC/Artist/Album/Song.mp3

Is there some setting in 1.8.0 to dictate this behavior?