Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.8 has extremely high CPU usage

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM, strictlyrude27 <strictlyrude27 gmail com> wrote:

> This happened to me in previous versions of Banshee as well; thought it was
> my system but Rhythmbox works just fine.
>
> CPU usage is at 100%, all the time, even when a song is paused.
>
> Saw that previous issues with CPU usage at 100% had been resolved; maybe
> this is new or a regression?
>
> Running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, x64. Let me know of any information needed from me
> to diagnose the problem.

Banshee might be doing some CPU-intensive background task : BPM
detection, or analysis for the Mirage extension.

If it's not the case, please follow the instructions at
http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/ to file a bug.
In particular, run the command given there when Banshee is using 100%
of you CPU. This will help us determine what Banshee is doing that
causes the problem.

--
Bertrand Lorentz