[Banshee-List] Cannot install 1.8 via PPA or make it work via tarball

Hi folks!

I'm trying to install Banshee 1.8 in Ubuntu 10.04 and I already tried to do
it via PPA, but it doesn't appear in the list, even with the "unstable" PPA
configured.

Then I tried to install via tarball... after a long time resolving the
dependencies, and given the fact that I'm a Linux noob - :P - the only way I
can run the player is with the command "make run", inside its folder, as
root. I can't find a way to make it work as it used to do in 1.6 version,
with the shortcuts and everything...

All over the web, all that I find are the instructions to install via PPA...

Please, can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance, and forgive my "bad" English...