Re: [Banshee-List] the road to 2.0

2010/11/2 Alex Launi
I highly encourage everyone to read Charline Poirier's research[0] into the user experience of Rhythmbox, and to evaluate Banshee for the same, or other problems. In addition to that blog post, there is a full pdf with the entirety of the research findings[1]. It's a very interesting read.

I think our one major goal should be an entire revamp of the video source. As is now, video is Banshee's redheaded step child, and there is no really great alternative for video management under Gnome. Once again, we're in a good position to do it 1) first 2) best. We're the tops for music, let's have our video experience be as great as our music experience.

[0] http://design.canonical.com/2010/08/how-are-your-users-feeling/
[1] http://design.canonical.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Rythmbox_usability_report.pdf

Wow, I agree with this kind of research, I would love Banshee to be so friendly for newbies (as my dad, for example).